Position: Civil CAD Drafter Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director Location: Phoenix, AZ
Department: Site Development Services
Responsible for developing conceptual designs based on notes, sketches and calculations provided by Engineers or Project Managers and for assisting in producing drawings in accordance with company and industry standards and procedures.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
- Information Assessment – Research and review project requirements and design information to determine if it is sufficient to complete the design while ensuring that the design concept can be met
- Production Coordination – Coordinate with other departments, Project Managers and Engineers to establish essential functions and deadlines necessary to finish the project
- Setup – Determine standards to be followed and verify appropriate method by which to create drawings such as: using either a CAD template customized to client requirements; a standard template designed for the specific type of work; or by modifying a previous project
- Drafting – Produce deliverable drawings using information from notes, sketches, calculations or visualizations of design. Supplement with standard notes, details and other necessary project information to produce a completed and refined deliverable
- Quality Control – Review drawings to ensure required aspects of the project are met and perform quality reviews of the drafting work performed by other designers and technicians
- Drawing Presentation – Present and explain completed designs to appropriate personnel for review, adjustments, and/or delivery
- Drafting Support – Provide technical and procedural support to CAD Technicians and Designers
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned
Technical knowledge – Proficient in company approved computer drafting platform and drafting techniques
Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze information to ascertain relevance and to visualize in 3-D
Communication Skills – Oral and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly express questions and explanations and to make suggestions
Computer Skills – Competent and proficient in the use of computers.
Decision Making – Adept at making design related decisions once appropriate information is gathered from various sources
Certificate or Associate Degree in Drafting
· At least 2 years of related work experience
·Post high school education in STEM coursework (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
· Experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred but not required.
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work requires conformance to tight deadlines, quick project turnaround, fast pace, and occasional overtime.